The College Music Society (CMS) and the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) will hold Generation Next in conjunction with the 2017 NAMM Show. The Show will be held January 19-22, 2017, in Anaheim, California. NAMM sponsors several education programs during the NAMM Show.
As a component of the annual NAMM Show, Generation Next is an educational program for college, conservatory, and university music students and faculty.
- provides an introduction to the NAMM Show, comprised of over 1,500 global music products and materials exhibitors
- provides exposure to careers and employment opportunities in music and the music products industry
- examines issues of current importance to the music products industry and education community
- nurtures future creators, innovators, and business leaders in music, music products, and creative industries
Generation Next is open to all music faculty and students in higher/tertiary education.
Through the Generation Next program, CMS and NAMM seek to:
- enhance the education of current music students in higher education who are the next generation of music professionals;
- support music faculty who are working in a variety of educational settings, as they prepare current and future generations of music students for work in music who themselves are leaders and influencers in music;
- present to students and faculty the creative and career opportunities of the music business-industry and the accomplishments of its professional practitioners.
The program is designed each year by a Program Committee of CMS and NAMM appointment. As appropriate to the specific issues, goals, and needs for each year, the program may include panels, presentations, performances, workshops, forums, posters, interviews, and other interactive sessions. View the 2017 program.
Please visit the special website for reservation of hotel accommodations. You will need to "Create an Account" prior to accessing housing information. When searching, choose the “Non-Member” Housing guest type.
Make plans to be in Anaheim January 19-22, 2017. Be part of the CMS-NAMM dialogue on music and education!