The College Music Society can help you develop your career, put you in the center of the dialogue concerning the music field, and enable you to share your work with the world.
Why become a member of The College Music Society?
Develop Your Career
your professional possibilities.
your career through CMS's timely
information, resources, advice, group
discussions, and mentoring for those in
• academic careers
• careers outside the academy
• academic leadership & administration
• music entrepreneurship
Expand Your Professional Horizons
with colleagues active in a wide range of musical disciplines, from across the U.S.
to the conversation and
current research, new
performances, and innovative pedagogies through
• College Music Symposium
• online webinars
• conferences — regional, national, international
• professional group discussion forums
• professional development workshops
• books and monographs from The CMS Press
Share Your Perspective and Professional Work
Take part in CMS programs designed to help you
with the wider world.
your professional work:
• with your local communities
• with the higher education community
• with the music business and industry
• nationally and internationally
• through grant programs of The CMS Fund
ALL MEMBERS ENJOY ...
Enhance your professional life by joining CMS, using CMS services, and contributing to the dialogue that will shape the music field in the years ahead. Membership in the Society is open to all individuals. Join the Society
- by visiting the online application form
- through the mail by completing the membership application
- by calling CMS at (406) 721-9616 or (800) 729-0235
NEED MORE INFORMATION CONCERNING CMS AND MEMBER BENEFITS?
- The CMS Primer provides a quick overview of the Society
- See the Members and Purposes page
- Visit About Us and FAQs
- Call CMS at (406) 721-9616