2017 Northeast Regional Conference (38th)
March 17-18, 2017
SUNY-Plattsburgh ◊ Plattsburgh, New York
All persons who derive professional benefit from attending a CMS conference (1) must hold current membership in CMS and (2) are required to register. This includes anyone whose name appears in the program: all accompanists, composers, panelists, and presenters. Likewise, any presenter who connects to the conference as by electronic means (e.g., Skype) must hold current membership and register for the event. Co-authors of research papers must register for and attend the conference in order for their name to be listed in the program.
The following are exempted from the membership and registration requirement: (1) guest presenters invited by the program committee (e.g., plenary speakers, workshop leaders), (2) panelists or co-presenters who are non-music professionals (e.g., brain specialists, librarians, university president), and (3) performers on concerts of works by CMS composers. If, however, these individuals wish to attend sessions in addition to the one in which they are presenting or performing, they will be asked to pay the registration fee accordingly. It is the responsibility of the individual who submitted the proposal to make conference planners aware of all non-music professionals involved in their presentation.
Please note the following timeline for conference registration (all deadlines are Mountain Time):
- Thursday, December 15: All presenters, performers, panelists, accompanists, & composers whose works will be performed on the program must register by 12 noon MDT.
- Wednesday, February 15: Late fee applies from 12:01 pm MST onward.
- Thursday, March 2: Last day to cancel and receive a refund (less $20 service fee).
- Thursday, March 2: Mail-in Registrations must be postmarked by this date.
- Wednesday, March 8: Online registration closes at 12:00 pm MST. Participants must register on site after this date.
The conference registration fee allows admission to all conference sessions.
Registration (fees apply through 12 noon MDT on February 15):
$ 65 CMS Member
$ 40 CMS Student Member
$ 50 CMS Retired Member
Late Registration (a $25 late fee applies after 12:01 pm MDT on February 15):
$ 90 CMS Member
$ 65 CMS Student Member
$ 75 CMS Retired Member
Conference registration can be cancelled only in writing to CMS ([email protected]).
- Conference registrations cancelled on or before 12:00 noon MST on March 2, 2017 will be entitled to a full refund less a $20 handling & processing charge. Registrations cancelled after 12:01 p.m. MDT on March 2, 2017 will not be entitled to a refund.
- All refunds will be issued within one month of the event’s conclusion.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
The 2017 CMS Northeast Regional Conference will take place on the beautiful campus of SUNY at Plattsburgh in Plattsburgh, NY. The area is served by three airports. Please note that a passport is required if flying through the Trudeau International Airport in Montreal.
Plattsburgh is also served by Amtrak.
A block of rooms is reserved at the following hotels at a special rate of $91/night plus taxes for conference attendees:
Comfort Inn & Suites, 518-562-2730.
Microtel Inn Plattsburgh, 518-324-3800.
To receive the conference rate, indicate that you are with The College Music Society when making the registration, and present tax-exempt status information upon arrival, if applicable.
Questions regarding this conference should be directed to:
Michelle Kiec, 2017 CMS-NE Program Chair