36th CMS Great Plains Regional Conference
March 11–12, 2017
University of Nebraska–Lincoln ◊ Lincoln, Nebraska
All persons who derive professional benefit from attending a CMS conference (1) must hold current membership in CMS and (2) are required to register. This includes anyone whose name appears in the program: all accompanists, composers, panelists, and presenters. Likewise, any presenter who connects to the conference as by electronic means (e.g., Skype) must hold current membership and register for the event. Co-authors of research papers must register for and attend the conference in order for their name to be listed in the program.
The following are exempted from the membership and registration requirement: (1) guest presenters invited by the program committee (e.g., plenary speakers, workshop leaders), (2) panelists or co-presenters who are non-music professionals (e.g., brain specialists, librarians, university president), and (3) performers on concerts of works by CMS composers. If, however, these individuals wish to attend sessions in addition to the one in which they are presenting or performing, they will be asked to pay the registration fee accordingly. It is the responsibility of the individual who submitted the proposal to make conference planners aware of all non-music professionals involved in their presentation.
Please note the following timeline for conference registration (all deadlines are Mountain Time):
- Thursday, December 15: All presenters, performers, panelists, accompanists, & composers whose works will be performed on the program must register by 12 noon MDT.
- Thursday, February 9: Late fee applies from 12:01 pm MST onward.
- Thursday, February 23: Last day to cancel and receive a refund (less $20 service fee).
- Thursday, February 23: Mail-in Registrations must be postmarked by this date.
- Wednesday, March 1: Online registration closes at 12:00 pm MST. Participants must register on site after this date.
The conference registration fee allows admission to all conference sessions.
Registration (fees apply through 12 noon MDT on February 9):
$ 55 CMS Member
$ 35 CMS Student Member
$ 35 CMS Retired Member
Late Registration (a $15 late fee applies after 12:01 pm MDT on February 9):
$ 70 CMS Member
$ 50 CMS Student Member
$ 50 CMS Retired Member
Conference registration can be cancelled only in writing to CMS ([email protected]).
- Conference registrations cancelled on or before 12:00 noon MST on February 23, 2017 will be entitled to a full refund less a $20 handling & processing charge. Registrations cancelled after 12:01 p.m. MDT on February 23, 2017 will not be entitled to a refund.
- All refunds will be issued within one month of the event’s conclusion.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
A block of 25 rooms has been reserved at the Lincoln Marriott Cornhusker Hotel at a conference rate of $125/night. A shuttle will be available to take attendees to/from the airport and to/and from the conference at Westbrook Music Building. In order to receive the conference rate, you must book your hotel by February 10, 2017. After that point, rooms will be released to the general public.
Country Inn and Suites Lincoln Airport: 402-474- 2080
Fairfield Inn and Suites Southeast: 402-325- 6400
Hampton Inn and Suites Northeast: 402-435- 4600
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Lincoln I-80: 402-975- 8330
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites South: 402-423- 1176
Holiday Inn Lincoln Southwest: 402-421- 1893
Staybridge Suites Northeast: 402-484- 6000
PLEASE NOTE: The chapter conference coincides with the Nebraska State High School Basketball tournament at Pinnacle Bank Arena and most downtown hotels are already booked (the Cornhusker was the only one willing to set aside 25 rooms). Attendees may wish to explore hotel vending websites (e.g., Trivago) for available accommodations, but the following hotels are also relatively close to the conference meeting site. Regardless, attendees are encouraged to secure hotel accommodations as soon as possible.
Questions regading this conference may be directed to:
Loralee Songer, 2017 CMS-GP Program Chair