By placing this order for a Professional Notice by E-Mail, I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions provided by The College Music Society (CMS):
Mailing Lists, Costs, and Quotes
CMS continually updates its databases--adding new addresses, removing bad addresses, and always allowing users to unsubscribe. This means the counts for the various lists fluctuate slightly.
- The customer accepts responsibility for choosing the lists most appropriate for their mailing. CMS staff is available for consultation and to answer any questions the customer might have on the available lists.
- CMS will provide customer an official count and cost for requested lists. This quote will be valid for one week from the time of issue.
- The customer may request an updated quote at any time, at which time the new quote will also be valid for one week.
- In the event that the customer places an order after a quote expires and without requesting a new quote, the customer agrees to pay the amount calculated when their list is generated on the date of their email deployment.
- In the event that the final subscriber list is lower in number and cost than the provided quote, CMS will charge the customer the appropriate lower rate.
The customer will provide CMS with an email message in html format for distribution. This may be provided in the following ways:
- An html file (with accompanying images optional) uploaded on the E-Notice online order form
- An html file (with accompanying images optional) sent as an attachment(s) in an email to appropriate CMS staff
- A direct email which includes a ‘view it online’ link sent to appropriate CMS staff
- A link to view the online version of an existing html email
CMS will import the customer email into the CMS email system.
Approval and Distribution
CMS will send the customer a proof email to approve before distribution to the customer’s subscriber list.
- The customer accepts responsibility for proofing the email in as many email clients, browsers, and platforms necessary to be satisfied with the content and display.
- The customer provides CMS with written approval of the proof email and permission to deploy the email. CMS is not liable for mistakes regarding content or display after the customer has provided written approval.
CMS accepts the following methods of payment:
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
- Check (Order processed upon receipt of check)
- Purchase Order