The College Music Society, a non-profit membership organization composed of over 5,000 musicians, announces internships for students interested in acquiring arts administration experience and learning about the challenges and rewards of working in a non-profit environment.
Application deadline: February 28, 2020
Two types of unpaid internships are offered:
- Remote: Intern(s) may work from a remote location with supervision from CMS Executive Office staff by video conferencing, email, and shared online resources. Start and end dates are flexible and can occur during any time of year, although intern will need to be available for supervisory meetings with CMS staff during office hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time, Monday through Friday). Hours will not exceed 10 hours/week.
- Event: Intern will work on-site at CMS event(s), which may include conferences, summits, or music industry events. Intern must be available for the duration of event. Complimentary registration and support for travel expenses may be available for certain events.
Internship activities include:
- CMS conferences and events
- CMS National Conference (October 2020)
- GenNext at the NAMM Show (January 2021)
- College Music Symposium online journal content editor
- Marketing services
- Social media
- Website development
- Database development
Working with full-time professional CMS staff, interns may be involved in:
- Project planning and implementation
- Use of general and proprietary software programs
- Production of an online scholarly journal
- Website publishing
Please complete the application form at the CMS Submittable site: https://music.submittable.com/submit by the deadline of February 28, 2020. If you are a new user to Submittable, you will be required to establish a free account. Be prepared in advance with two documents in PDF, DOC, or DOCX format: 1) cover letter that highlights your interest in and preparation for the internship; 2) resume. An upload of the documents will be required during the application process.