Beginning in late spring 2019, The College Music Society, in response to a poll of its members and support by the CMS Board of Directors, will join in partnership with the Small Association Leadership Alliance (SALA) to provide a new medical option for our members. The program, which we call the “CMS-SALA Health Plan,” is a comprehensive and cost-effective alternative to traditional plans. The CMS-SALA Health Plan offers affordable, high-quality, accessible, and effective healthcare options for CMS members – at every membership level. While not health insurance, the program provides 100% coverage for preventative care, options for co-payment features with 100% coverage, and addresses unforeseen medical expenses, such as illness and injury.
This program is not insurance. It is an alternative solution that features a choice of two preventative care plans, each coupled with a medical cost sharing membership for sharing expenses related to unexpected medical needs. Participants can expect to save as much as 60% when compared to health insurance!
The CMS-SALA Health Plan, in partnership with SALA, is one solution to the high cost of healthcare, especially for part-time faculty, students, and retirees.
- Available to businesses and individuals
- Available to all CMS members and their families
- The CMS-SALA Health Plan, provided by SALA, lowers healthcare costs by as much as 60%
- Enrollment is monthly – you may join at any time
- Offers a choice of two high-quality, affordable healthcare solutions
- Includes a four (4) year “Rate Lock” on preventative plans – offering rate stability in a very unstable market* (For rate lock details, please click on the FAQ icon below.)
How It Works
Your step-by-step guide to the CMS-SALA Health Plan:
- Be a CMS member in good standing (any membership level). If you're not a current member, join today!
- Watch the informational webinar. Viewing the webinar will be the best introduction to this program and will help you understand the documents and resources below.
- Explore the program & plans. Click on the document links below to explore program details, FAQ, Key Terms and real-world savings examples!
- Decide if this program is right for you, your family, your employees or your business. If it’s the right fit, continue to step 5.
- Access the enrollment link in the CMS members-only area.
For more help and answers to your questions
Apex Documents and Links
- About Apex – PDF
- Apex Plans Overview – PDF
- PHCS Provider Search – PDF
- Apex Advantage Plan FAQ – PDF
- Apex HDHP Basic MEC – PDF
Sedera Documents and Links