CMS Registration Policy
CMS International Conferences differ from other CMS programs in that academic presentations and performances are supplemented by a variety of group activities, meals, and networking opportunities designed to provide cultural enrichment and encourage exploration of the conference destination. Accordingly, the registration fee considers the expense of these enhancements and all attendees must pay the full conference fee. Fees will not be prorated based on individual travel plans, preferences, or absence from certain functions.
To secure their place on the program, all conference presenters, composers, and performers are required to pay a non-refundable deposit. The remaining balance must be paid in full for the registration to be considered complete. Please see the schedule below. Traveling companions and non-presenting attendees are not required to pay a deposit and should pay the registration fee in one sum.
The following timeline will apply for the 2019 International Conference:
Note: All deadlines are 12 noon Mountain Time
Conference Presenters, Composers, & Performers:
Tuesday, December 11, 2018: $425 deposit due (applied to the registration fee)
Thursday, March 7, 2019: Final Balance due ($125 late fee after this date)
Travel Companions & Non-presenting Attendees:
Thursday, April 18, 2019: Registration Deadline (non-presenters)
CMS works hard to ensure that attendees receive a quality conference experience. To that end, conference organizers attempt to negotiate the best prices possible for groups and endeavor to keep costs as low as possible. The following fees will apply for the 2019 International Conference:
$1,429 CMS Member
$1,269 CMS Retired Member
$1,109 CMS Student Member
$1,269 Traveling Companion*
Registration fees are inclusive of a 21% VAT (value added tax) which CMS is required to collect according to Belgian law.
* The companion rate is for persons who will accompany a regular registrant but who cannot benefit professionally from attending the conference. Traveling companions are not required to provide a deposit and may only pay the registration fee in full.
- Registration fees include the following:
- Group meals & breaks as outlined in itinerary
- Coach transportation & guides for scheduled sightseeing tours & excursions
- Special events & receptions
- Coach transfers as outlined in itinerary
- Admission to scheduled performances
- Admission to museums, cultural activities & workshops as outlined in itinerary
- Gratuities for drivers, guides, & food servers
- CMS administrative support
- Contracted services of a licensed destination management company
The following expenses are not included and are the responsibility of each attendee:
- Lodging (see separate hotel information)
- Ground transfer between airport/train station & hotel(s)
- Meals listed as “on own” on itinerary
- Pre- or post-conference excursions
- Travel insurance
- Souvenirs & other non-essential items
The following cancellation charges will apply if any person cancels participation:
- The $425 deposit is non-refundable in the event of any cancellation
- If your cancellation is received before March 7, 2019, a $225 cancellation fee applies.
- If your cancellation is received between March 8 and May 9, 2019, a $450 cancellation fee applies.
- All monies are non-refundable after May 9, 2019.
All refunds will be issued within one month of receipt of the cancellation notice. Registrations are non-transferable. No refunds will be made for any unused portions of the event.
Registration for the conference is now closed.