• The Music Vacancy List: June 19, 2020 [Volume 47, Number 11C]
• This Month at CMS - July, 2020
• New Issue Now Available! College Music Symposium 60.1
New Publications from CMS Series Cultural Expressions in Music
• Musicians' Migratory Patterns: The Adriatic Coasts
by Franco Sciannameo
• Musicians' Migratory Patterns: The African Drum as Symbol in Early America
by Christopher Johnson
• Musicians' Migratory Patterns: American-Mexican Border Lands
by Mauricio Rodríguez
NEW MEMBER BENEFIT
Announcing the CMS-SALA Health Plan.
• Available at all membership levels;
• Affordable—average of 60% savings over current healthcare costs;
• Preventive care covered at 100% level.
More information on this important member benefit can be found here.
If you missed the live webinar, view the video below to learn if the CMS-SALA Health Plan works for you, your family, and/or employees.
• Sixty-Third National Conference (2020)
Hilton Miami Downtown
October 22-24, 2019
Due to uncertainty surrounding the ability of groups to gather in person, the current state of the travel industry, and the impact of the COVID-19 health crisis on institutional funding, the 2020 conference will be held 100% online.
Registration is now open!
• CALLS FOR PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
International Conference of The College Music Society
Bogotá & Medellín, Colombia
June 24–30, 2021
Submission Deadline: 12 noon Mountain Time on Thursday, September 17, 2020
Teaching Music in the Age of COVID-19: A Collaborative Effort by CMS
Across the country, COVID-19 has halted music teaching within higher education as we think of it. Music faculty are being charged with moving instruction into the digital space, often without ample resources or previous training, and at a staggering pace. In an effort to respond to the challenges of the moment, the College Music Society has created a repository of open-access resources that aims to gather best practices and innovative solutions for some of the most perplexing problems .......
The CMS Fund 2020-2021 Grants and Awards | Now Accepting Applications
• Grants and Awards Overview
• Education in Music Award
• Community Engagement Seed Grant Support Awards
• CMS Instructional Technology Initiatives Award*
* This year we are dedicating the CMS Instructional Technology Initiatives Award to innovative technology solutions to Instructional challenges generated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Work in progress for Fall 2020 implementation will be considered as well as recently completed projects. Applicants may be CMS or ATMI members.
Applications for all awards are to be submitted by July 27,2020
RECENT CMS WEBINARS:
• Coping with Alternative Teaching Strategies During the Pandemic
• Coping with Alternative Teaching Strategies During the Pandemic—a Focus on Ensembles
• Administrative Leadership During an Unprecedented Time of Uncertainty and Change
WEBINARS IN JULY:
• July 10, 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) - Re-imagining Music Industry Education during the Age of COVID-19
• July 24, 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) - A National Conversation on Music Education in Higher Ed: At the Crossroads of Real Change?