Who May Attend?
CMS, ATMI, NACWPI, and PKL welcome to their National Conferences all music professionals, including those (a) in academia (full-time and adjunct faculty, community college faculty, students, and retired faculty), (b) in the music industry, and (c) active as independent musicians and scholars. Those holding current membership in one of the presenting organizations are entitled to receive a discount on registration fees. Others not holding membership in any of these organizations will be charged the non-member conference rate. Additionally, we encourage professionals from within the music industry to host a table in our virtual exhibit hall and engage with conference attendees in real time via virtual showcase opportunities.
Registration Policy for Performers, Presenters, & Composers
Although the 2020 conference is moving to an online format, CMS remains committed to providing robust, peer-reviewed sessions. As such, all persons presenting work during the CMS / ATMI / NACWPI / PKL conferences (1) must hold current membership in the organization that invited them to present and (2) are required to register for the full conference in order to participate. This includes anyone whose name appears in the program: all collaborative pianists, performers*, composers, panelists, and presenters, regardless of whether they are involved in a live or recorded presentation. Co-authors of research papers must register for, and attend, the conference for their name to be listed in the program.
At its discretion, the Program Committee may exempt from the membership and registration fee requirements specific individuals, such as invited guest speakers or panelists who are non-music professionals (e.g., lawyers, librarians, neurobiologists, etc.). However, it is the responsibility of the individual who submitted the proposal to, upon acceptance, request such an exemption for all non-music professionals involved in their presentation. The deadline for requesting exemptions is Thursday, June 25, 2020. Such requests should be made by contacting the CMS Program Chair.
* Performers on concerts of works by CMS composers are not required to be members or pay registration fees unless these persons plan to attend portions of the conference in addition to the concert in which they are performing. In this case, they are expected to pay the full registration fee accordingly.
|Thursday, July 23:||Registration Deadline for Presenters & Composers (12 noon Mountain Time)
* Includes collaborative pianists, performers, composers, panelists, & presenters
|Thursday, July 23:||Early Bird Discount ends (12 noon Mountain Time)
* Advance registration applies after 12:01 pm Mountain Time
|Thursday, August 27:||Registration Deadline for Conference Presiders (12 noon Mountain Time)|
|Thursday, September 10:||Mail-in Registrations must be postmarked by this date|
|Thursday, September 17:||Registration closes (12 noon Mountain Time)
Note: On-site registration will NOT be offered this year. Everyone wishing to attend must register by this deadline
|Thursday, September 17:||
Last day to cancel and receive a refund
The conference registration fee allows admission to all CMS, ATMI, NACWPI, & PKL sessions.
- To qualify for the discounted member rate, your organizational membership must be valid through October 18, 2020.
- CMS Members: Be sure you are logged in (top menu, right) for your membership discount to be applied.
- Attendees who are members of ATMI, NACWPI, or PKL must enter their organization’s discount code to receive the member rate. Discount codes may be obtained from each organization’s program chair.
- Attendees who are members of both CMS and ATMI, NACWPI, or PKL are advised that only one membership discount is allowed. Any registration that includes both discounts will be voided.
* Those who pay the non-member rate will receive 12 months of complimentary basic CMS membership.
How Do I Pay by Check?
Most attendees prefer to register online; however, it is also possible to register with payment by check. If you prefer this method of payment, please complete the online registration form but print the form instead of clicking the “Process Registration” button. The completed form should be mailed (postmarked by September 10), with an accompanying check in the full amount of the registration, to:
The College Music Society
Re: 2020 National Conference
312 E. Pine St.
Missoula, MT 59802
Note that mail-in registrations may only be paid by check. For your security, credit card information should never be sent by mail. A $50 fee is applied to balances for returned checks.
How Can I Access My Conference Registration Receipt?
Conference attendees can print registration receipts from the website. After logging in with one’s membership credentials, click on the “Membership” tab, then select “My Event Registrations” under the “Activities” header. You will then see a list of all CMS events for which you have recently registered and clicking on the appropriate invoice number will generate a printable copy of your receipt.
View the complete terms and conditions for registration, including the cancellation policy, by clicking here.