The Music Vacancy List includes employment opportunities within music and higher education, as well as opportunities in allied professions. Institutions, organizations, businesses, and industries that wish to reach the single most highly trained and educated pool of potential music employees will find the MVL to be a valuable means of posting employment opportunities and identifying potential candidates. You do not need to be a member of CMS to place an ad in the MVL. The MVL is open to all seeking music employees.
The current circulation is approximately 7,000 musicians.
Placing an Advertisement
Methods of submission:
- Submit online (CMS secure server). You do NOT need to log in as a member of CMS to place an ad in the Music Vacancy List; or
- E-mail the ad to . CMS will place the information in appropriate database format; or
- Send the ad to CMS by mail:
The College Music Society
ATTN: Music Vacancy List
312 East Pine Street
Missoula, MT 59802 USA
CMS does not accept advertisements over the telephone or by fax.
The cost for placing an advertisement is $250.00 per ad per listing. Additional weeks in the email version are available for $95.00 per ad per week.
Now, the Music Vacancy List is available for advertising part-time faculty and staff positions at a 30% discount. Enter code ADJUNCT2020 when asked.
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover)
- Purchase order
- Check requisition number
- Prepaid check
CMS will send a copy of the listing to you after it has been distributed, as well as your receipt.
Deadlines and Distribution
- Weekly by Email — The deadline is always Thursday at 12:00 p.m. Mountain Time. The weekly email is received by CMS members each Friday.
- Online Searchable Database — Advertisements are entered when received into the database and remain there until the application deadline has passed. (When no specific deadline exists, the listing remains one month. The listing may be renewed.) CMS members may search the online database at any time.
- Hard Copy — An individual hard copy is on file at CMS and is provided upon request.
MVL Advertising Policy
For further information and guidance, please consult the following: