CMS makes available to institutions, music businesses and industries, and non-profit organizations the means of sending professional announcements to the individual e-mail addresses of the Society's databases.
Lists by Specialization
You can choose from 164 different lists, depending on the music specializations of your target audience. When choosing multiple lists, they will be merged to eliminate duplicate addresses. Talk with a CMS representative to find out which lists might be best for your mailing or to determine the exact count and cost of your chosen lists. Click here to view the available lists.
CMS will distribute your announcement the following ways:
- Via an initial email broadcast to the specialty list(s) of your choosing. This distribution is your announcement alone to individual email addresses. No bulk mailing lists are ever used.
- Through a monthly email broadcast to members of The College Music Society. This distribution is mailed on the first day of each month and includes a paragraph summary for all notices sent during the previous month. The paragraph includes a ‘read more’ link which leads back to the original email announcement.
CMS does not release email address lists to anyone. The notices are sent from the CMS office. Statistics, including open rates and click-through rates, are compiled one week after the mailing and you may request that a copy be sent to you.
The price of this service includes both distributions, ensuring the broadest possible communication with musicians in higher education.
Your email can be submitted to CMS in the following ways:
- Best method: Submit an HTML file with inline CSS* from the email announcement designed by you or your web designer. Email as an attachment to [email protected].
*What is inline CSS? Read about it here.
- Good method: Send the email announcement you want to distribute directly to [email protected] It is especially beneficial if your email includes a ‘view this message online’ link. Note: If you don’t have a web designer, CMS recommends joining a free service like MailChimp, Mad Mimi, or Constant Contact that allows you to design your own email and send us a copy.
Terms and Conditions
E-notice customers will be required to agree to the terms and conditions of this service when placing an order.
Pricing and Billing
CMS accepts all major credit cards, purchase orders, and pre-paid checks. Payment information including the billing address is required at the time you place your order.
The cost of the professional e-mail notice service is per address based on the number of addresses in the lists you choose (see pricing chart below). In order to have an accurate quote for your order, it is best to contact a CMS customer representative.
- 1,000 or fewer addresses @ $.30 each;
- 1,001 - 2,000 addresses @ $.25 each;
- 2,001 - 4,000 addresses @ $.20 each.
- 4,001 - 6,000 addresses @ $.19 each.
- 6,001 - 8,000 addresses @ $.18 each.
- 8,001 - 10,000 addresses @ $.17 each.
- 10,001 - 12,000 addresses @ $.16 each.
- 12,001 - 14,000 addresses @ $.15 each.
- 14,001 -16,000 addresses @ $.14 each.
- 16,001 - 18,000 addresses @ $.13 each.
- 18,001 - 20,000 addresses @ $.12 each.
- over 20,000 addresses @ $.10 each.
The minimum order is $190.00. Call CMS for pricing on the lists of your choice.
If you have questions, would like to discuss your project and target audience, would like to obtain prices for specific lists, or wish to place an order, please get in touch with CMS:
Phone: (406) 721-9616
Email: [email protected]