Sixty-First National Conference (2018)
All persons who derive professional benefit from attending a CMS conference (1) must hold current membership in CMS and (2) are required to register. This includes anyone whose name appears in the program: all accompanists, collaborators, composers, panelists, and presenters. Likewise, any presenter who connects to the conference as by electronic means (e.g., Skype) must hold current membership and register for the event. Co-authors of research papers must register for, and attend, the conference for their name to be listed in the program.
Performers on concerts of works by CMS composers are not required to be members or pay registration fees unless these persons plan to attend conference sessions in addition to the one in which they are presenting or performing. In this case, they are expected to pay the registration fee accordingly.
At its discretion, the Program Committee may exempt from the membership and registration fee requirements specific individuals, such as invited speakers or guest panelists who are non-music professionals. It is the responsibility of the individual who submitted the proposal to, upon acceptance, make conference planners aware of all non-music professionals involved in their presentation and to request such an exemption.
Thursday, August 23:
Registration Deadline for Conference Presiders (12 noon Mountain Time)
Thursday, August 30:
Mail-in Registrations must be postmarked by this date
Thursday, September 6:
Online registration closes (12 noon Mountain Time)
* Participants must register on site after this
Thursday, September 6:
Last day to cancel and receive a refund (less $50 service fee).
All fees are listed in U.S. Dollars (USD). The conference registration fee allows admission to all CMS, ATMI, and NACWPI conference sessions. Separate registration is required for attendance at pre-conference workshops.
Online Registration (fees apply through 12 noon Mountain Time on September 6):
CMS / ATMI / NACWPI Member: $300
CMS / ATMI / NACWPI Retired Member: $220
CMS / ATMI / NACWPI Student Member: $195
CMS / ATMI / NACWPI Member: $330
CMS / ATMI / NACWPI Retired Member: $245
CMS / ATMI / NACWPI Student Member: $225
- CMS members should log into the website prior to registering to obtain the member rate.
- Non-CMS members who are members of ATMI or NACWPI must enter their organization's coupon code to receive the member rate. Coupon codes may be obtained from the ATMI and NACWPI program chairs.
- Persons who hold membership in CMS as well as ATMI or NACWPI may either take advantage of their CMS member discount OR use a coupon code, but not both. Only one membership discount is allowed.
- Conference registrations cancelled on or before 12:00 noon Mountain Time on September 6, 2018 will be entitled to a full refund less a $50 handling & processing charge. Registrations cancelled after 12:01 p.m. Mountain Time on September 6, 2018 will not be entitled to a refund. Refunds for pre-conference workshops are subject to the terms and conditions as stated on the registration form for each individual workshop.
- All refunds will be issued within one month of the event's conclusion.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
|Event End Date||10-13-2018|
|Registration Start Date||03-16-2018|
|Individual Price||Non-member rate before discounts: $385.00|
|Location||JW Marriott parq Vancouver|