Sixty-Second National Conference (2019)
Who May Attend?
CMS welcomes to its National Conference all music professionals, including those (a) in academia (full-time and adjunct faculty, community college faculty, students, and retired faculty), (b) in the music industry, and (c) active as independent musicians and scholars. Those holding current CMS membership are entitled to receive a discount on registration fees. Others who are not members of the organization will be charged the non-member conference rate. Additionally, we recommend that professionals from within the music industry consider hosting a table in our exhibit hall.
Registration Policy for Performers, Presenters, & Composers
All persons who derive professional benefit from presenting work during a CMS conference (1) must hold current membership in CMS and (2) are required to register. This includes anyone whose name appears in the program: all accompanists, composers, panelists, and presenters. Likewise, any presenter who connects to the conference as by electronic means (e.g., Skype) must hold current membership and register for the event. Co-authors of research papers must register for, and attend, the conference for their name to be listed in the program.
Performers on concerts of works by CMS composers are not required to be members or pay registration fees unless these persons plan to attend conference sessions in addition to the one in which they are presenting or performing. In this case, they are expected to pay the registration fee accordingly.
At its discretion, the Program Committee may exempt from the membership and registration fee requirements specific individuals, such as invited guest speakers or panelists who are non-music professionals (e.g., lawyers, librarians, neurobiologists, etc.). It is the responsibility of the individual who submitted the proposal to, upon acceptance, make conference planners aware of all non-music professionals involved in their presentation and to request such an exemption. The deadline for requesting exemptions is Thursday, May 30, 2019.
- Thursday, August 29 (12 noon Mountain Time):
* Mail-in Registrations must be postmarked by this date.
- Thursday, September 12 (12 noon Mountain Time):
* Online registration closes.
* Registration Deadline for Conference Presiders.
* Participants must register on site after this.
The conference registration fee allows admission to all CMS and ATMI sessions.
Advance Registration (fees apply through 12 noon Mountain Time on September 12):
CMS / ATMI Member: $305
CMS / ATMI Retired Member: $225
CMS / ATMI Student Member: $195
CMS / ATMI Member: $340
CMS / ATMI Retired Member: $260
CMS / ATMI Student Member: $225
- CMS members should log into the website prior to registering to obtain the member rate.
- ATMI members (who are not also CMS members) must enter their organization’s discount code to receive the member rate. Discount codes may be obtained from the ATMI program chair.
The conference is not open to the public; however, CMS offers a special registration fee of $50 that allows a friend, family member, or partner of a presenter to attend the event of their sponsoring presenter. To qualify for this rate, guest registrants may not be music professionals nor be able to derive professional benefit from attending the conference.
Additional Opportunities - Thursday October, 24
An Evening at the Derby:
$55 per person
* Space is limited, and tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis
Round-Trip Transportation to Composers’ Concert:
$12 per person
* fee includes round-trip transportation from the conference hotel to the University of Louisville
* Those attending “An Evening at the Derby” should not also purchase this item, as transportation is already included.
- Conference registrations cancelled on or before 12:00 noon Mountain Time on September 12, 2019 will be entitled to a full refund less a $50 handling & processing charge. Registrations cancelled after 12:01 p.m. Mountain Time on September 12, 2019 will not be entitled to a refund. Refunds for pre-conference workshops are subject to the terms and conditions as stated on the registration form for each individual workshop.
- All refunds will be issued within one month of receipt of the cancellation notice.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
- Leaving the conference early, for any reason whatsoever, will not result in a refund, and no refunds will be made for any unused portions of the event.
|Event End Date||10-26-2019|
|Registration Start Date||03-20-2019|
|Cut off date||09-12-2019 12:00 pm|
|Individual Price||Price varies by member type and registration date.|
|Location||Hyatt Regency Louisville|