New Publications from CMS Series Emerging Fields in Music
• Identity and Diversity in New Music: The New Complexities
by Marilyn Nonken
• Beyond the Conservatory Model: Reimagining Classical Music Performance Training in Higher Education
by Michael Stepniak with Peter Sirotin
20% Discount to CMS members: Order through Routledge today!
NEW MEMBER BENEFIT
Announcing the CMS-SALA Health Plan.
• Available at all membership levels;
• Affordable—average of 60% savings over current healthcare costs;
• Preventive care covered at 100% level.
More information on this important member benefit can be found here.
If you missed the live webinar, view the video below to learn if the CMS-SALA Health Plan works for you, your family, and/or employees.
• Sixty-Third National Conference (2020)
Hilton Miami Downtown
October 22-24, 2019
CALL FOR PERFORMANCE MENTORS
64th CMS National Conference
October 7-9, 2021
Rochester, New York
Submission Deadline: 12 Noon Mountain Time on Thursday, March 19, 2020
The CMS Council on Performance and CMS Student Advisory Council invite applications from performers of all instruments, as well as electronic music faculty, to serve as faculty mentors for undergraduate and graduate student performers during a special session during the conference.
• CALL FOR FEATURED PERFORMERS
International Conference of The College Music Society
Bogotá & Medellín, Colombia
June 24–30, 2021
Submission Deadline: 12 Noon Mountain Time on Thursday, February 27, 2020
The Program Committee invites applications from soloists, duos, and chamber ensembles (no larger than 12 performers) to perform new music written by CMS composers during the conference.
UPCOMING CMS WEBINARS
• March 13, 2020: University Music Student Health States and Behaviors