• Have you seen the new Music Vacancy List? A new and improved version is online now!
The Music Vacancy List has migrated to a new interactive and individualized platform. Features for CMS members will include customizable job alerts (by email or text), CV upload, complete job descriptions and links to employers' sites, extended institution profiles, and more.
• This Month at CMS - July, 2021
NEW MEMBER BENEFIT
Announcing the CMS-SALA Health Plan.
• Available at all membership levels;
• Affordable—average of 60% savings over current healthcare costs;
• Preventive care covered at 100% level.
More information on this important member benefit can be found here.
If you missed the live webinar, view the video below to learn if the CMS-SALA Health Plan works for you, your family, and/or employees.
• Sixty-Fourth National Conference (2021)
Hyatt Regency Rochester & Riverside Convention Center
Rochester, New York October 7-9, 2021
• International Conference of The College Music Society
Bogotá & Medellín, Colombia
January 6-12, 2022
Registration is now open!
Teaching Music in the Age of COVID-19: A Collaborative Effort by CMS
Across the country, COVID-19 has halted music teaching within higher education as we think of it. Music faculty are being charged with moving instruction into the digital space, often without ample resources or previous training, and at a staggering pace. In an effort to respond to the challenges of the moment, the College Music Society has created a repository of open-access resources that aims to gather best practices and innovative solutions for some of the most perplexing problems .......
RECENT CMS WEBINARS:
• Coping with Alternative Teaching Strategies During the Pandemic
• Coping with Alternative Teaching Strategies During the Pandemic—a Focus on Ensembles
• Administrative Leadership During an Unprecedented Time of Uncertainty and Change
• Re-imagining Music Industry Education during the Age of COVID-19
• A National Conversation on Music Education in Higher Ed: At the Crossroads of Real Change?
• When the Show Must Go On: Resilience and Renewal in an Uncertain Time • #MeToo and Music Education: A Psychological Perspective
• Tuning the Mind and Body of Musicians
• Healthy Progress in a Pandemic?
Committee on Musicians' Health
To You and Your Students' Good Health: Q & A Column
Q: "What are the effects of loud music, stress on musicians... and what is glial excito-toxicity?"
Answered by Dr. Marshall Chasin, AuD., Reg. CASLPO, Doctor of Audiology and director of research and chief audiologist of the Musicians' Clinics of Canada.
Read Dr. Chasin's Response