New Publications from CMS Series Cultural Expressions in Music
• Musicians' Migratory Patterns: The Adriatic Coasts
by Franco Sciannameo
• Musicians' Migratory Patterns: The African Drum as Symbol in Early America
by Christopher Johnson
• Musicians' Migratory Patterns: American-Mexican Border Lands
by Mauricio Rodríguez
NEW MEMBER BENEFIT
Announcing the CMS-SALA Health Plan.
• Available at all membership levels;
• Affordable—average of 60% savings over current healthcare costs;
• Preventive care covered at 100% level.
More information on this important member benefit can be found here.
If you missed the live webinar, view the video below to learn if the CMS-SALA Health Plan works for you, your family, and/or employees.
• Sixty-Third National Conference (2020)
October 9–11 & 16–18, 2020
Due to uncertainty surrounding the ability of groups to gather in person, the current state of the travel industry, and the impact of the COVID-19 health crisis on institutional funding, the 2020 conference will be held 100% online.
Registration is now open! Deadline is tomorrow (Sept 17th) at 12 noon MST. There will be no "same day" registration offered this year.
ePoster Showcase 2020
The ePoster Showcase for the 2020 CMS / ATMI / NACWPI / PKL Virtual Conferences is now officially open! Details here.
• CALLS FOR PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
International Conference of The College Music Society
Bogotá & Medellín, Colombia
June 24–30, 2021
Submission Deadline: 12 noon Mountain Time on Thursday, September 17, 2020
Teaching Music in the Age of COVID-19: A Collaborative Effort by CMS
Across the country, COVID-19 has halted music teaching within higher education as we think of it. Music faculty are being charged with moving instruction into the digital space, often without ample resources or previous training, and at a staggering pace. In an effort to respond to the challenges of the moment, the College Music Society has created a repository of open-access resources that aims to gather best practices and innovative solutions for some of the most perplexing problems .......
RECENT CMS WEBINARS:
• Coping with Alternative Teaching Strategies During the Pandemic
• Coping with Alternative Teaching Strategies During the Pandemic—a Focus on Ensembles
• Administrative Leadership During an Unprecedented Time of Uncertainty and Change
• Re-imagining Music Industry Education during the Age of COVID-19
• A National Conversation on Music Education in Higher Ed: At the Crossroads of Real Change?
• When the Show Must Go On: Resilience and Renewal in an Uncertain Time
• November 13, 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) - #MeToo and Music Education: A Psychological Perspective
• December 4, 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) - Tuning the Mind and Body of Musicians
Committee on Musicians' Health
To You and Your Students' Good Health: Q & A Column
Q: "My student seems to be distraught: Without violating HIPAA guidelines, what can I do to help?"
Answered by Ralph Manchester, MD; Professor in the Department of Medicine in the UR School of Medicine and Dentistry, Vice Provost and a Fellow in the American College of Physicians.
Read Dr. Manchester's Response